Published: 10th November 2012
PatioMaster, the inline sliding door specialist has secured the green standard BES6001 across its extrusion operation, including foiled and standard PVC-U ranges.
In doing so, the national dealership network, joins a handful of building product companies to have secured the new standard meeting a range of strict criteria ensuring responsible sourcing of construction products.
Including an assessment of organisational governance, supply chain management and social and environmental impact, the new standard was written into the Code for Sustainable Homes in late 2010.
Chris Jones, PatioMaster, said: “This is an important accreditation in further growing PatioMaster’s reputation for quality. In particular, it strengthens our growing reputation in the social and new build sectors, where expectations of environmental performance sit alongside actual product performance.”
BES6001 ‘pulls’ together a number of other standards to demonstrate a commitment to responsible sourcing of materials. PatioMaster’s Telford extrusion operation secured the new standard after previously securing the quality management standard ISO9001, the environmental management standard ISO14001, occupational health and safety OHSAS18001.
Jones added: “BES6001 is widely recognised within the social and new build sectors and securing it gives us and our customers’ further credibility.
“But in pulling together a raft of quality management standards it also gives our own network members and their installers in the retail sector the assurance that they are manufacturing or supplying a high quality and hugely reliable product.
“We believe that this Reliability is a huge value to our trade customers. They can sell it, fit it and forget it.”
PatioMaster boasts ten authorised manufacturers nationally from East Kilbride in Scotland to Paignton in Devon and from Lowestoft in Suffolk to Kidderminster in Worcestershire, PatioMaster offers a unique national network of specialist regional manufacturers coupled with the back up of a comprehensive national customer support strategy.
To find your nearest PatioMaster or for more information on the PatioMaster network call 0808 178 3370 or visit www.patiomaster.co.uk.
FACTBOX: Inline sliding doors from PatioMaster
• DER ‘A’ rated option
• Choice of 19 finishes (in addition to white!)
• Slim stepped 86mm outer frame that reduces plaster cutback and enhances visual appearance.
• Secure internal sliding panels in two, three and four pane options.
• Wide range of accessories, including handles in white, black, chrome or Gold, plus anodised gold and silver option.
• Optional low track, low threshold system.
• Low-line gaskets extruded to sash.
• Three chamber sash for maximum thermal efficiency and strength.
• Multi-point locking system for outstanding security on all standard specifications.
• Concealed fixings (no ugly screw heads).
• Midrail with letterplate option for front entrances.< Back to News Page